Your Legal Partner For A Thriving Business
Whether you are just forming your company, or you have been operating for years, you want to make sure you build your business on a solid legal foundation and keep it there. A skilled business lawyer will draft and review your formation documents, analyze and negotiate contracts and facilitate real estate investments.
At Azam Law Firm P.C., our attorney, Ahmad Azam, offers every client personalized service tailored to meet the needs of your business, no matter what stage you are at or the size of your business. In addition to transactional services, he has extensive courtroom experience if you need assistance with a business dispute.
Steps For Getting Started
Starting a new business venture is exciting but requires many legal steps in order to do it correctly. Whether you are the sole owner or you have business partners, you have many decisions to make, including:
- Choosing an entity – You have several options, depending on the type of business you have, from LLCs to nonprofits to Subchapter C corporations. We will help you select the best fit, as well as selecting and registering your company’s name.
- Creating governance documents – Once you know what kind of entity you will have, you can create the necessary organization and operating documents. If you have co-owners, partners or shareholders, you may need to discuss and negotiate how your business will operate.
- Filing the documents and taxes – If you are creating an LLC or a corporation, you must register your formation documents with the Texas Secretary of State’s Office.
- Requesting a tax ID – Most entities will need to request an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS.
Of course, your journey does not end there. You may need certain licensing, insurance and financing. In addition, if you plan to have employees, you will need a host of other resources.
Ongoing Needs For Your Business
Once your business is up and running, you will have many everyday legal needs to keep operations running smoothly.
- Contract drafting and review – This includes employment contracts, contracts with vendors and suppliers and lease agreements, just to name a few examples.
- Business sales and transfers – If you are looking to buy or sell a business, these agreements must be carefully negotiated and crafted.
- Real estate sales and purchases – Real estate is often one of the largest investments a company makes, and you want to avoid mistakes that could become costly down the road or lead to litigation.
- International and cross-border business contracts and sales – If your business includes trade across the border, we can help you make sure you are meeting all necessary rules and regulations.
We assist businesses of all sizes across many industries. Whether you are just starting out or you are growing, Azam Law Firm P.C. can help you make well-informed decisions to help you meet your business goals for the future.
Schedule An Appointment Today
We do not simply want to help you manage your business. We want to help it thrive and grow through trusted legal advice. Discuss your business needs with attorney Ahmad Azam by calling our Stafford office at 832-514-7826 or filling out our online contact form.